A fertile agricultural parish, Rufford extends west from the River Douglas to include Rufford Village on the A59 Ormskirk to Preston road, and, further west, the scattering hamlets of Holmeswood and Mere Side.
Rufford, an attractive village of white-walled houses, is notable because of its church and its old and new halls. The church, built in 1869, is a very fine building in the Gothic Revival manner with an attractive spire. Rufford Old Hall is maintained by the National Trust who open it to visitors.
To view a map of Rufford Parish please click HERE
- The above information is taken from West Lancashire Borough Council's website.